Tuesday, January 11, 2011

A Few of Mrs. Sunnymead's Favorite Things

Christmas was again a bountiful - bordering on obscene - affair. We were blessed with the presence of family and friends and I morphed into Mrs. Sunnymead, decking the halls, wrapping the presents, trimming the tree, whipping up hot chocolate (Swiss Miss - don't tell!), and even donning an apron!

Mrs. Sunnymead was delighted to get a number of presents this year that made her feel understood - "these people get me." Here are a few of her favorite things ( a few are birthday presents):



1. Round quilted placemats from Ballard Designs. Beautiful placemats in my favorite blue! They look great and clean up well in the wash (skip the dryer - it's not the end of the world if they go in, but they hold up better if you dry flat).

2. Beaded necklace from Anthropologie. My mom and I spied this one together a few weeks before Christmas, and lo and behold, there it was under the tree. I love these colors together - turquoise and beige-yellow - paired with crystal-like balls.



3. One Line a Day, Five Year Journal. Here's what's cool about this - first of all, it's my favorite color again. You write in just one line each day, but when you're all done with this year, you start right in on next year. In five years, you'll have a fun look back at what changed and what stayed the same.

4. Mismatched Silver Place Setting. I've long lusted for beautiful antique silver for my table, but there is none to be handed down in my family. Now, you can get someone else's family heirlooms from Napa Style. They come in mismatched sets - but that's part of the charm!


5. Gold Bracelet. This special cuff was a 40th Birthday gift from my parents - it's engraved with my special nickname that only my parents call me.

6. Box of Good Fortune. This clever idea was a 40th Birthday present from my cousin, Kelly. Inside this beautiful glass box are 39 gold dollar coins, plus 2 silver half dollars from my birth year, 1970 (apparently no dollar coins were made in 1970). She gave it to me with a note wishing me good fortune for many years to come! Love it! (she said she got the gold coins at the Bank and went to a coin shop for the 1970 coins)


7. John Derian Paperweight. I collect these beauties from decoupage artist, John Derian. This one is a simple egg.

No comments:

Post a Comment